My Video Game Views & news

Thursday, February 02, 2006

PS3 Developer Josh Robinson gets fired for talking


Josh Robinson a PS3 Developer who spoke out about his opinion of the PS3 a few weeks back was fired for talking.

Here is the statement he made a few weeks ago.

"I started [off] VERY excited about the PS3. I was very confident that it was going to just destroy the XBOX 360 just on the name SONY alone. The more time that goes by the more I am becoming doubtful. Everything I’ve developed or seen developed has yet to be 'next gen."

It seems that Josh is still doing pretty good forr himself though acoording to this statement in an interview with PS3Week.com

"My life has changed a lot since the article. I was let go at Sony after the article was plopped on the desk of Sony corporate. I was also asked to remove the article immediately. (Which I did without any resistance.) I had lots of job opportunities immediately after I became a “free agent” I am a little fortunate because I’ve made a small name for myself over the last year or so with some things I’ve written. I wrote a 25-page comparison between Maya and 3D Studio Max. That article actually got me a book deal. I was asked to write the entire Max 8.0 essentials book, which I have been working on the last year. It will be in production in the next couple weeks and available at all book stores nationwide. So I’m very fortunate to have all the opportunities I’ve had. I had four or five job offers the same week I was let go. Ultimately I’ll be making even more money, I’ll have a better title at the end of my name and I’ll be very near the beach. So it’s a bit hard to complain I suppose. I ended up settling down near the Santa Monica area. I’d rather not say where right now. I’m pretty excited about the project however.

Well we heard an actual Sony Developer's opinion of the PS3 so it looks like the PS3 is not going to be way more advanced than the competition like some would like to believe.

Source: http://www.ps3week.com/blogs/ps3week.php?title=title_6&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

3 Comments:

  • what happened to freedom of speech? It sure must suck for Sony to fire him.

    By Blogger Legit Freebies Guy, at 2/04/2006 1:28 PM  

  • I know right. I'm glad Nintendo and Mr. Inc's publisher allowed him to spill the beans about the revolution.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2006 11:21 PM  

  • niceone now thats a kick in the head to the casual gaming zealots and there cell noncance and sonys hype machine anyone with a degree of honesty in them will admit sonys console success was a right place right time lucky thing ps1 ps2 both stank in terms of power abillitys and naff hand hurting out dated control pads with anologs that dont work anything like as tight and pure as gamecubes ps3 yet another emotion engine and more out of date control pads no thanks ill be getting on board the train marked gaming revolution next stop oh thank u

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home